To sum up his thinking, I present to you his SEO strategy recap :
So, what I’ve done for SEO here is:
- emphasized certain keywords by emboldening them: Montrealer, hipster, geekster, and scenester (as far as I know, I just invented artser, so it doesn’t really count).
- employed those keywords extensively throughout the body of the text
- wrote a post that was longer, rather than short — Google love 1,000+ words, not that this post was that long, but generally, the longer, the better (more to index)
- leveraged internal linking: that’s linking to stuff I want indexed, using anchor text and alt tags so they rank for the keywords I want them to.
- and linked out plenty so that (1) the internal linking doesn’t look spammy, and (2) others notice that I exist and possible link me back either soon or down the line, in the long-tail, after they’ve discovered and followed me for a while
Now I just need to fill up this space with a longer post with, oh, say 1000+ words.
If only it weren't so late. If only I weren't so tired.