jeudi 4 octobre 2007

Feeling better about Blogger

I feel better about myself this morning. There had been a sword of Damocles hanging over my head that suddenly doesn't seem so pointy.

Brian Solis uses Blogger too.

Yes, yes. I know all the arguments in favour of migrating this blog from Blogger to a WordPress platform that can be integrated into my website. They're all valid. And I'll get to it eventually.

But for now, I can breathe again, knowing that Solis, co-founder of the Social Media Club, Principal of an award winning PR firm and all-around-social-media-connoisseur is still on the Blogger platform too. There's something strangely comforting about that.

It's easy to become overwhelmed in trying to keep up with the Joneses. The social media space is an interesting subculture ... my goal is to become proficient enough in its language to help my clients enter into the space without trepidation. Like a well-seasoned traveller who plays guide to his fellow, green, countrymen when they step off the boat to explore a foreign land. (How Passage to India of me). I still expect to be able to rely on the kindness of the natives to get me through the stranger districts.

Adding David to my blogroll and to my feed - I suspect he's going to become required reading quite quickly.

(ed. note: David? Where did that come from? Google tells me David Solis is an actor. My apologies for the lapsus linguae, Brian.)

1 commentaire:

Brian Solis a dit...

Thank you for the kind words! Well, to be honest, Blogger suits the needs for PR 2.0, although I am going to migrate to the new Blogger to see if it meets my New Media and Social Media needs...

For the record I use WordPress for bub.blicio.us and a few other blogs I run.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each.