jeudi 4 octobre 2007

Social media press release

Well it looks as though the stars are aligning. The day I presented social media to an international group of telecom communicators, Tod Maffin raised the issue of the social media press release. I'd provided my group with the Shift template, for their consideration.

Dave Fleet has posted a great blog entry on the subject, and points us to some interesting resources.

I've been participating in discussions about social media press releases for a year or so and have been wanting to try this out for awhile now. I may have found the perfect client to join me in this new adventure. We'll see what he has to say when we meet in a few days to discuss tactics. After all, to paraphrase General Rick Hillier, I serve at my client's pleasure. And he may not want to take what I consider to be a small and calculated risk : after all, the social media release makes provisions for the traditionalists. I have a feeling he just might, though. More (possibly) to follow.

And Tod, I promise not to write in ALL CAPS.

1 commentaire:

Tod Maffin a dit...

I'll be checking... ;-)