The key to success is knowing where to find them.
According to Harris Interactive, of all frequent YouTube users:
- 66% claim they are sacrificing other activities when on YouTube
- 36% say their visits to the site are most likely to have been at the expense of visiting other websites
- 32% say their time spent watching TV is next most likely to have taken a hit
- 20% think that YouTube also pre-empts email and other online social networking
- 19% defer work/homework
- 15% aren’t playing video games
- 12% are not watching DVD(s) and not spending time with friends and family in person
The poll, which surveyed 2,309 U.S. adults (ages 18 and older) did find that YouTube usage is greatest among the group already hardest to reach through television advertising: young males. 76% of 18 to 24 year old males say they have watched a video at YouTube, and 41% visit YouTube frequently.