dimanche 3 février 2008

Librivox : I've jumped in

Hugh McGuire's earnestness is pretty contagious. I first heard him speak at Podcasters Across Borders last year, and again at a Montreal un-conference of some kind. He spoke about Librivox.org, non-commercial, non-profit and ad-free project :

LibriVox volunteers record chapters of books in the public domain and release the audio files back onto the net. Our goal is to make all public domain books available as free audio books.

So for my first contribution, I've chosen a ghost/horror story. My friends wouldn't be surprised. Others call this an example of early feminist literature. Again, my friends wouldn't be surprised. But really, the story's creepiness is quite interesting, thus the attraction. Again, my friends wouldn't be surprised.

Here it is. Charlotte Perkins Gilman's The Yellow Wallpaper.

I'm patiently awaiting feedback before tackling a more ambitious project : Louis Riel, Martyr du Nord-Ouest Sa vie, son procès, sa mort .


Wired wrote about LibriVox back in 2005. Here's the article.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit...

One wonders why, with such a naturally pleasant voice, you are not yet podcasting! Congrats, I've listened to your lecture. As a veteran-FM broadcaster, I can tell: you should not worry of your intrinsic quality of your voice. As for the style of delivery, this (Librivox lectures) seems to suit you. Of course, this is a start and you should experiment further more in audio. No critic necessary at this moment, just keep going audio. Everybody's blogging, few podcasting. George Motoc @ http://georgeradio.podomatic.com